Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Fabulous Four's 5k Fun



This summer's work-outs at the Bountiful High track were a great way to keep us fit and in shape. Melissa started us out with grueling workouts to strengthen and tone our muscles. The workouts took place two nights a week, but gradually increased to four days a week with bike rides on Saturday mornings. The work-outs started as a way to stay in shape and help shed a few pounds, but eventually they became a goal to run in a 5k. Robin, Melissa, Roger and Tyler signed up for the Davis County Fair 5k run on August 11th, held at the Davis County Fairgrounds.


This was the first 5k race for Roger and Robin and the second for Melissa and Tyler. They each finsihed with great times.

Roger was hoping to finish before the time of 45 minutes and actually ran the race in 30 minutes.



Tyler finished with a time of 28 minutes beating his previous time.



Melissa ran it in 27:09 followed by Robin with 27:15.



Afterwards, the runners were provided with water, bagels, yogurt and oranges. They enjoyed themselves so much, especially Roger, that there is already talk of running another 5k and training next year for a 10k and a triathalon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like all to know that Melissa fininshed in 27:09. Please don't cheapen those 6 seconds! Each one definitely counts!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, it is my fault. I couldn't remember the exact time, so I made it up. Forgive me. I know those seconds count!!

FlyingMaestro said...

And, uh, for the sake of journalistic integrity, Robin got 27:15. Though I could have used that .15 second to rest a little, so it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

American Pinay said...

Check out our new blog at www.pxpinay.blogspot.com. Here are a few words for you to practice and know before the next quiz...Maganda = Beautiful, Asawa = Spouse. Now, use them in a sentence like this: Ang asawa ko ay maganda. (My [ko] wife [asawa] is [ay] beautiful [maganda].) Next week we will have the next lesson to prepare you for the quiz.